Wednesday, February 4, 2009

WEEK 5 BLOGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I choose “Guilty Conscience” by EMINEM because it is an extreme rendition of what goes on in our heads. I realize that this song is a bit derogatory but the concept of the song is more what I’m relating to. After reading the chapter and coming across the section titled, “A Balanced View of Conscience” I began to see similarities. In the song the different characters are about to do something that involves a moral dilemma. The situation pause’s and Dr. Dre plays the role of the “good” conscience and EMINEM plays the “bad” conscience. As stated in the chapter “we should follow our conscience, but not blindly.” I feel that this relates to the song because the character stops and listens to his conscience and goes through the wrong way and the right way. Eventually the character makes a decision resulting in what he had coming based off the conscience decision. The chapter talks about how you need to listen to your conscience when you are presented with a moral situation. “You should try if time allows, look deep into the situation and try to analyze the issue critically and to consider the possibility that a different choice might be better.” This passage from the chapter directly relates to the song I chose because the character in the song stops completely and looks critically at his choices and their outcomes.

Arguable issue: whether or not this post deserves points...if yes, how many?
Conclusion: this post deserves 25 points
Premises: this post deserves 25 points because:

(1) I chose a song that directly relates to a chapter in our book.
(2) I carefully and precisely explained why I felt that the song related to the chapter about “The Role of Conscience”

No comments:

Post a Comment